St. Mary’s parish has an active social justice ministry that looks for ways to integrate justice into the parish life and supports actions for justice.
• Just Faith: Structured educational program offered when there is sufficient interest. Four sessions have been completed at St. Mary’s.
• Fair Trade: Equal exchange products (coffee, tea, chocolate, etc.) are available for sale once monthly at weekend masses. Proceeds support Habitat for Humanity.
• Habitat for Humanity: St. Mary’s is part of a coalition of five local churches who provide funds and volunteers for one to two weeks in the summer to build a home in the local area.
• Speakers: Experts speak on relevant social justice topics.
• Legislative Action: Using information from the Office for Social Justice of Catholic Charities, St. Mary’s social justice ministry promotes parishioner involvement in speaking for justice in the political process.
• Archdiocesan Giving Programs
• Campaign for Human Development
• Mission Appeals
Seven Principles of Catholic Social Teaching
How to Get Involved
Would you like to volunteer in the justice ministry? Please call the Parish Life Center at 651-429-7771 or click on Contact Us below or click on Get Involved above for more information.