Support for Life Transitions
St. Mary’s offers services and ministries for those needing physical, mental, emotional or spiritual care; especially those facing life transitions. In addition to the services listed below, parish staff members are available to help with difficult life situations.
Eucharistic Ministry of Care: This ministry provides word and communion to those who are sick and/or unable to join the parish community at weekend masses. Services are provided in the home or in assisted living and apartment communities.
Eucharistic Ministry of Care brochure
The Gathering: Sponsored by the Lyngblomsten Foundation, the Northeast Consortium of ten area churches (including St. Mary’s) host and support The Gathering, which allows caregivers once per week respite while their loved ones with memory loss attend a supportive program.
The Gathering Lead Volunteer Ministry desciption
The Gathering Volunteer Ministry description
BeFrienders Ministry: St. Mary’s offers trained parishioners who respond to the needs of others by visiting with them and providing emotional and spiritual support during times of life transitions. BeFrienders bring Eucharist to patients at St. John's Hospital every Saturday.
Ministry of Consolation: St. Mary’s continuum of care for grieving families begins with our funeral ministry. Click on the Worship/Sacrament button above for more information. Subsequently, trained Ministers of Consolation can provide families with personal follow-up for 12-18 months after a death. In addition, this ministry provides services to support the transition after a death.
• In Remembrance Prayer Services: A prayer service is held three times per year and a Mass is celebrated at the St. Mary's cemetery on Memorial Day.
• Grief education and support are provided through Companions in Grief, a six week grief and support series offered four or five times during the year.
• Grief and the Holidays is a two-hour workshop presented in November.
Ministry of Consolation brochure
How to Get Involved
Would you like to volunteer in one of the support for life transitions ministries? Please call the Parish Life Center at 651-429-7771 or click on Contact Us below or click on Get Involved above for more information.
• Eucharistic Minister of Care to the Homebound & Sick Ministry
• Coordinator Eucharistic Mininstry of Care Ministry Description
• Minister of Consolation Ministry Description
• BeFrienders Ministry Description
• Presider at Prayer Services at Assisted Living Facilities-Care Centers Ministry Description
• Presider at Senior Apartments Ministry Description