Year 3 of the Synod Has Begun
Year 3 (2021-2022): The Church Engages
Fall 2021: Parish Consultation Process with Small Groups
- Small groups meet in every parish to learn, pray, and discuss the Focus Areas.
- Parish feedback on the Focus Areas will help determine the Synod Topics.
January/February 2022: Deanery Consultation Process
- Pastors and parish representatives gather to learn, pray, and discuss the Focus Areas.
- Deanery feedback informs the Parish Consultation Process.
June 2022: Archdiocesan Synod Assembly (Pentecost Weekend)
- Approximately 500 appointed delegates (including two from each parish) gather to learn, pray, and discuss the Synod Topics and recommend pastoral priorities to Archbishop Hebda.
- After considering the Synod recommendations, Archbishop writes a Pastoral Letter (Nov. – Feast of Christ the King), leading to a Pastoral Plan to move our Archdiocese into the future.
If you do one thing this fall…
Help Archbishop determine priorities under each Synod focus area, with Synod Small Groups!
In his August 13, 2020 article for The Catholic Spirit, Archbishop Hebda announced three focus areas for the Archdiocesan Synod. He then unpacked each of the focus areas with hard-hitting questions, such as:
- What can we do to make parishes more welcoming and accessible?
- How can we offer meaningful life-long formation for discipleship?
- How can we better assist parents in forming children as disciples who know and love Jesus and his Church?
In Synod Small Groups this fall, you help determine the response of our local Church. In one session per week for six weeks, you will:
- Pray for the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- Experience the compelling truth of the Catholic faith in today’s culture context.
- Examine questions under each focus area, sharing perspectives among a small group of sisters and brothers in Christ.
- Weigh in on how we as a Church might respond to these questions, to help Archbishop determine priorities.
To make sure all Catholics have an opportunity to participate, every pastor in the archdiocese has been asked to host Synod Small Groups this fall. If just 100 gather in small groups at each parish, Archbishop Hebda will hear from nearly 20,000 Catholics!
Be part of this historic moment now, and the future of our local Church. Join in your parish’s Synod Small Groups beginning in September!
Watch for more to come on Synod Small Groups, plus find all video series from Year 2 of the Synod, at archspm.org/synod.
The tragic death of George Floyd has ignited a public conversation about ongoing racial inequity and injustice in America. How can the Church uphold the dignity of all human persons and foster the common good during these contentious times? What issues do we need to address with our own Church that prevent an appropriate response? The Minnesota Catholic Conference, the public policy voice of the Catholic Church in Minnesota, is hosting this forum for priests, deacons, educators, and lay ecclesial ministers on the memorial of St. Peter Claver to provide an opportunity for formation and reflection on these critical issues in our community, and how we as a Church can respond.
This free online event will take place on Wednesday, September 9, 2020 from 10 AM – Noon. To register, please visit https://www.mncatholic.org/openwideourhearts/.
There are currently three ways to give electronically:
- Monthly amount transferred from your bank account (click on the DONATE button on our website home page to find a form). It would be better to mail it to us, since you need to include a voided check.
- Weekly, monthly, or one-time checks sent by your bank or other financial service organization (contact your bank to set up a plan that works for you). It is helpful to have your envelope number on the check your bank sends to us.
- Weekly, monthly, or one-time gifts charged to your credit card (click on the DONATE button on our website home page to set up your gift)
There is a way to give remotely that is not “high tech”:
Simply mail us your check. Our address is 4690 Bald Eagle Avenue, White Bear Lake, 55110.
Thank you so much for your support in this difficult time.
Are you running low on your favorite coffee, chocolate bars, or olive oil? Then place your Fair Trade Sales order today. The Social Justice Committee of St. Mary of the Lake is resuming their Fair Trade Sales this week and every week after, virtually! Please follow the steps HERE to place your order. Contact Nick Brady, Coordinator of Mission at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
On a regular basis, St. Mary of the Lake publishes The Gathering Space to keep parishioners informed of activities and news from the parish. Click here for the most recent edition.
Past editions: Lent 2020 | Advent 2019 | Lent 2019 | Advent 2018 | Lent 2018 Part 2 | Lent 2018 Part 1 | Advent December 2017 | November 2017 | Lent 2017 Part 2 | Lent 2017 Part 1 | November 2016 Part 2 | November 2016 Part 1 | Lent 2016 | Advent 2015 | Summer 2015
Saturday 5:00 PM and Livestream
Sunday 9:00 AM & 11:00 AM
Morning Mass Tuesday – Friday 8:00 AM
Tuesday-Friday 7:30 AM
Saturday 9:00 AM
DIRECTIONS TO CHURCH
St. Mary of the Lake Church
4741 Bald Eagle Avenue
White Bear Lake, MN 55110