Here’s a Year 1 and Year 2 recap — looking forward to Year 3 and small groups. Watch for more to come.
Year 1 (2019-2020): The Church Listens
Prayer & Listening Events
- 30 Prayer & Listening events (19 open and 11 focus) held and attended by Archbishop Hebda.
- Over 8,000 faithful attended providing over 35,000 comments on what is working well in the Archdiocese and challenges and opportunities as we move forward together.
- Based on this feedback, along with other consultations and discernment, Archbishop Hebda determined these broad Focus Areas that will shape the 2021 Deanery and Parish Consultation process.
- Forming parishes that are in the service of evangelization;
- Forming missionary disciples who know Jesus’s love and respond to his call; and
- Forming youth and young adults in and for a Church that is always young.
Year 2 (2020-2021): The Church Prepares
Fall Prayer and Study
- Online talks and tools for praying with scripture and growing in holiness. (5 sessions)
- Virtual retreat focused on healing and hope. (5 sessions)
Winter/Spring Prayer and Study
- Presentations on key topics of faith and culture. (4 sessions)
- Lent: “Synod at Home – Growing in Faith Together.”
- Spring: Live events on the Focus Areas.
Year 3 (2021-2022): The Church Engages
Fall 2021: Parish Consultation Process with Small Groups
- Small groups meet in every parish to learn, pray, and discuss the Focus Areas.
- Parish feedback on the Focus Areas will help determine the Synod Topics.
January/February 2022: Deanery Consultation Process
- Pastors and parish representatives gather to learn, pray, and discuss the Focus Areas.
- Deanery feedback informs the Parish Consultation Process.
June 2022: Archdiocesan Synod Assembly (Pentecost Weekend)
- Approximately 500 appointed delegates (including two from each parish) gather to learn, pray, and discuss the Synod Topics and recommend pastoral priorities to Archbishop Hebda.
- After considering the Synod recommendations, Archbishop writes a Pastoral Letter (Nov. – Feast of Christ the King), leading to a Pastoral Plan to move our Archdiocese into the future.
Kate Franssen-Hansen February 5th, 2021