Join a Synod Small Group
at your Parish this Fall!
YEAR 3 OF THE SYNOD HAS BEGUN
Year 3 (2021-2022): The Church Engages
Fall 2021: Parish Consultation Process with Small Groups
- Small groups meet in every parish to learn, pray, and discuss the Focus Areas.
- Parish feedback on the Focus Areas will help determine the Synod Topics.
January/February 2022: Deanery Consultation Process
- Pastors and parish representatives gather to learn, pray, and discuss the Focus Areas.
- Deanery feedback informs the Parish Consultation Process.
June 2022: Archdiocesan Synod Assembly (Pentecost Weekend)
- Approximately 500 appointed delegates (including two from each parish) gather to learn, pray, and discuss the Synod Topics and recommend pastoral priorities to Archbishop Hebda.
- After considering the Synod recommendations, Archbishop writes a Pastoral Letter (Nov. – Feast of Christ the King), leading to a Pastoral Plan to move our Archdiocese into the future.
Learn more about joining a small group here.
Contact Samantha Hagel email@example.com with questions.
Join other parishioners at the next session. Choose between the 2:00 or 6:30 PM session and plan for a time of prayer, reflection, and fellowship.
Please consider participating in the Synod sessions. Here is a list of the final 2 sessions:
Note: October 20 is a week off due to MEA
Topic A: Parents as primary educators (birth to adult)
Topic B: Helping the young encounter Jesus (birth- grade 6)
Topic A: Youth ministry (grades 6-12)
Topic B: Young adult ministry (ages 18-35