Baptism is the first step in our initiation into the Christian Community. Bringing your child into the Church through the Sacrament of Baptism includes the following essentials:
- Register in the parish if you are not already a member, or provide a permission letter from your pastor for the baptism to take place at St. Mary’s.
- Complete the Baptism Preparation process, which includes watching a video at home. Register by calling the Parish Life Center at 651-429-7771 or emailing Mary Beth Jambor.
- Provide a copy of the birth certificate.
- Complete a Baptismal Information Sheet.
- Pay a $30 per child administration fee. Fees can be paid online. Enter “Baptism” in the other payments comments.
**If you have attended a Baptism Preparation Class at St. Mary’s in the last five years, you only need to complete steps 3-5 to schedule a Baptism date.
Schedule a Baptism
Once the above steps are completed, you can schedule a Baptism date. Baptisms are usually on the second and fourth Sundays of the month.
Choosing a Godparent/Sponsor
- You must choose 1 sponsor. You may choose up to two.
- If there are two sponsors, one female and one male.
- Sponsors need to meet these three requirements:
- A fully initiated Catholic (Baptized, Confirmed and Eucharist)
- At least 16 years old
- A good model of faith for your child and in good standing in the Catholic Church