* If you are an adult who was baptized Catholic and was not confirmed, contact Mary Beth Jambor.
Confirmation, together with Baptism and Eucharist, constitute the Sacraments of Initiation and are intimately connected. In the Sacrament of Confirmation, the baptized person is “Sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit” and is strengthened for service to the Body of Christ. At St. Mary’s preparation for this Sacrament is family preparation, meaning young people and parents attend all sessions together. The nine sessions are immediate preparation for the Sacrament and include interactive activities, intergenerational prayer, discussions, faith sharing, speakers, and service opportunities.
The registration deadline for Confirmation is Wednesday, September 14, 2022. Preparation sessions for Confirmation begin Tuesday, October 11, 2022. The Confirmation Mass will be held at the Cathedral of St. Paul on Sunday, April 23.
The Confirmation Schedule 2023 provides information on preparation classes, the Confirmation Mass, and other important dates.
- Candidates must have at least one full year of faith formation prior to and including the year of preparation in either a Catholic school or Catholic Faith Formation program.
- Candidates must be in at least eighth grade through age 17.
Complete and return the following:
- Provide a newly issued certificate of Baptism is required if the child was not baptized at St. Mary’s
- Include a $40 program fee. Fees can be paid online. Enter “Confirmation” in the other payments comments.
St. Mary’s welcomes non-parishioners based on available space. Non-parishioner registrations must include:
- Permission from your pastor (letter or email Mary Beth Jambor)
Complete the Sacraments Registration Form 2023
- Provide a copy of the certificate of Baptism is required if the child was not baptized at St. Mary’s.
- Include a $50 program fee