St. Mary’s Senior Outreach
St. Mary of the Lake has a Coordinator of Pastoral and Senior Ministries on staff. This role supports the spiritual and social needs of senior parishioners of the parish through a continuum of care approach:
- Spiritual Care in the community is provided upon request. This is for those who are unable to attend Mass due to health issues.
- Senior Connections is a team of parishioners who make regular contact with those who are 65 and older.
- Senior Mass and Lunch is planned two times each year, in the fall and spring.
- Grief Ministries for all parishioners who suffer a loss of a loved one through death.
- Prayer Line teams pray for the needs of the parish.
- The Gathering is a respite program that provides four hours of brain-stimulation activities and social engagement to adults experiencing early-to-mid stage memory loss allowing caregivers a much needed break.
- End of Life Seminar is presented annually to educate and provide resources to seniors.
- Senior housing resources available.
- Anointing of the sick and elderly on the first Thursdays of each month.
Find more resources for seniors HERE. Many aging adults and their families are unaware of the different care options and programs available to them. One that is growing in popularity with families is assisted living, which is designed to maximize independence and quality of life. Caring’s website provides more specific information on topics like financial support and assisted living options that are available in Minnesota.
Contact Casey Green, Coordinator of Pastoral and Senior Ministries at [email protected] or 651-429-7771, option 1 to get connected to any of these ministries.